Friday, April 10, 2009

Thing 22: Looking Back and Forward Simultaneously Makes Me Dizzy.

So, it is here that I shall reflect upon my very first bog post. Seems like only 2 months ago. Ohh, wait, it was.

In the beginning of this adventure, I was skeptical, yet hopeful that I would draw some really useful ideas out of all these Things we were to look at, and hey, it worked out pretty well. As I scan my mental inventory of those Things, I remember that, and that, and oh yeah, defiantly that. Then there was that one Thing. Ahh, memories. In the end I think all my expectations were fulfilled. A few of these Things are really useful, and I am very glad to have be exposed to them. Many of these Things just really aren’t very useful, and that’s ok too. I can manage to ignore those in the future.

Which brings me to the future, which is now, and always will be, or at least just in a minute or so? Will I continue to blog? Probably not on this one. I created this for the use with this program, not as some official library representation. I could keep posting here, and keep adding all the weird stuff that pops into my mind from time to time, but why bother? Nobody is going to read it anyway. That seems like an immense waste of time. I am considering starting a different, more officially serious blog, but we will see if I really have anything to say. Maybe. I think creating a wiki would be more of benefit for me and my fellow Public Services Librarians here at the college. I think it would be of a greater assistance overall than me thinking anyone cares about my opinion. And that is all a blog really comes down to, an opinion.

So the Things that were presented on this Thing, I looked through most of them. A few of the blog links may be worth following. The news feeds are something I should take more time to pay attention to, for professional development and all. The directories, I only liked the one titled Go2Web, the other two I found to be less organized, are good to look at from time to time to keep abreast of all these new web services. Some I saw on there have real potential for use. Most are just more social garbage, you know as far as I am concerned. Opinions, remember?

So I had a lot of fun doing 23 Things with NEFLIN. I learned a lot and got to experience many different Things. I will recommend it to other people in the future if NEFLIN ever does it again, and suggest you do in a couple of year, with updates and additions of course.

Bye

U_T

No comments:

Post a Comment